Saturday, December 21, 2013

Happy Winter Solstice!


Happy Winter Solstice! 

I know it has been a while since my last post, but I must admit that with work and finals - life got the best of me. Not to worry though, I'm off for three weeks and itching to take some photos. 

Although today is noted for being the shortest day of sunlight of the year, I managed to get a lot done. I quite typically find myself with the winter blues at this time of the year, even thought Christmas is just around the bend. This year however I have managed to stay positive, keeping myself busy and happy. It is especially important during this time of the year to remember what you have and what truly makes you happy. For me, my family, my friends, art, and sunshine are what make me the happiest. I try to surround myself with these things as much as I can during these frigid months.

I spent my morning drinking tea, eating oatmeal with figs, and putting the finishing touches on a few handmade gifts for the girls at work. Then in the afternoon, my Dad and I went and got ourselves a Christmas tree. It has been quite a few years since we had a Christmas tree in the house. We're hosting Christmas with our family this year so we figured that it was about time that we got one. 







Here is our tree! A little short and a bit round around the middle, but a Christmas tree nonetheless!

Happy Winter Solstice!

No comments:

Post a Comment