Thursday, September 11, 2014

Sanctuary


In Christianity, Judaism, and many other religions, a sanctuary refers a space within a place of worship that is sacred or holy. In this place, one is thought to be closest to god. For me, sanctuary means a place where I can just be; a place where my soul can thrive; where I can be closest to the things that mean the most to me. 

Here is a little peek at my sanctuary.

The quality of light is just amazing in this place. In the morning and throughout the day our rooms are drenched with light. It makes waking up a little easier in the morning. 

It is about day 10 of apartment life and Jacky and I have been adjusting quite well - we're becoming comfortable with our new commutes, who takes a shower when, typical roomie stuff. It feels great to have a space to call our own.

Y'all should come by for a visit…as soon as we get a kitchen table.



Shoutout to Lexii Morton for painting my bureau for me :)







More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment