Friday, October 10, 2014

Warpaint


I went and saw Warpaint at the Royale on Wednesday night. I cannot even describe how epic it was. 

If someone were ever to force me to pick my favorite girl band, I would have definitely have to go with these babes. Unlike a lot of the girl bands you hear these days, these girls really know how to compose and produce a song. It's not your typical, girly-poppy sound - there sound is a edgier, almost hauntingly good. Their stage presence was great simply because they didn't care. They were dancing around and singing like they were in a room full of friends. That's how I think a show should be.

Even the opener was good! I hate to admit it, but I'm one of those people who typically don't care much for most opening bands. Guy Blakeslee was an exception. To me, if I see that a musician is really singing from the heart, I'm totally on board. This guy did that. He belted it and it was awesome. Also, would LOVE to steal his white on white ensemble. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment