Friday, July 25, 2014

Ice Cream and Elephant Rides


Yesterday Sarah and I went to the Zoo. The last time I came to Singapore (when I was 6) my Auntie Pat brought me here. I don't really remember it all that much, but I do know that I came home with a pretty awesome snake stuffed animal. Upon arriving at the Singapore Zoo I felt like a 6 year old again - excited to see the animals and eat ice cream. 

I had my heart set on riding an elephant because I was jibbed out of it on my trip to Vietnam. Sarah was introduced to my crazy obsession with these trunk-blowing, peanut-eating, adorable creatures. I can't say that the elephant ride was exactly what I was expecting - we were crowded onto an elephant's back along with two other people. I couldn't even see the elephant as we were riding it. I guess I was imagining myself riding on the elephant majestically through the rainforest. When in reality, we just did a figure 8 in a very small enclosure. I don't know…I guess in my head I'm some kind of awesome sultan-princess who rides elephants.

There is sadly no photographic proof for me to show, seeing as they don't allow you to take personal photos. There is a photographer who goes around taking photos of everyone, but the photos were terrible and cost $25. I decided that I would just live with the memory of my bumpy elephant ride. 

Oh well, at least I can tell people that I rode an elephant in Singapore!

We spent the rest of the day wandering around the exhibits, eating ice cream and sipping on mango slush from ridiculously tall cups with polar bears on it. 

Once the sun went down the two of us got ready for Night Safari, which basically consisted of Sarah and I laughing at all the Chinese tourists pointing, shouting, and taking photographs (with flash.) 



















No comments:

Post a Comment