Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Rainy Day Laksa


Since my arrival in Singapore, it has not rained all that much. The weather in Singapore is very hot and very humid, but it rarely rains. I have discovered though, on the days that it does rain, the climate is relatively cooler. It makes for a much more comfortable environment to walk around in. 

On this rainy Tuesday, we all made our way to Holland Village for some yummy Laksa soup. Of course my first reaction to the name was "Are there a lot of Dutch people living here too?" Nope, just the name. We did a bit of shopping (of course) and I finally found some postcards to send home to my family and friends back in the States. 

I've eaten a lot of food here (and I mean A LOT) but I have to say that one of my favorites has to be the Laksa, which is a coconut-based curry soup with noodles and fish. Depending on where you get it, the broth tends to be very, very spicy. It's so funny - everyone here seems surprised at how much spice I can take. 





No comments:

Post a Comment